- The Subhub Community Demonstrator can be deployed to the tidal site in a single offshore operation using standard tugs at reasonable day rates <£5,000/day.
- The stability characteristics achieve the highest standards set by Class and have been approved by the MCA for towing operations offshore.
- High operational availability has been achieved and is required when working with commercial port authorities such as Belfast Harbour.
- The methods and equipment used for the towing operations have all been approved by Marine Warranty Surveyors (Prolines), Belfast Harbour Pilots and towing agents MTS/Inyanga.
- The seaworthy characteristics of Subhub have large operational weather widows allowing high deployment rates and maintaining schedules and costs.
The Subhub Community Demonstrator was towed to Strangford Lough from Belfast in less than ideal conditions reaching near gale and experiencing a sea state in excess of 2.0m significant wave height.