- Subhub boosts power output by accelerating the tidal flows into the rotor.
- The acceleration of the flow is also apparent in the outboard tidal turbines.
- Up to 50% increase in energy yield in site assessments (site and turbine dependent).
- The hull structure contains the solid ballast required to anchor the turbines to the seabed.
- Grid ready electricity is provided by the electrical conditioning equipment housed within the pressure hull.
Streamlines from a 30 degree tidal cross flow (ANSYS Fluent)